2014 saw a number of well-publicized events that had a negative impact for online brand reputation – data breaches, hacks, the theft of credit card numbers and trade secrets.
As we start 2015 it’s imperative that brands take immediate steps to safeguard themselves in digital channels. The pace of ecommerce is accelerating worldwide. A 2014 Neilsen study found that in the next six months, 46 percent of global Internet users plan to make an online clothing purchase, 48 percent plan on purchasing airline tickets and 44 percent will make hotel reservations.
MarkMonitor has long championed the importance of smart brands safeguarding their revenue. Brand abuse in the digital world is constantly evolving. Don’t be caught flat-footed—this is the year to implement a comprehensive brand protection strategy.
Whether you are in the legal or marketing fields, MarkMonitor has got your back.
A checklist for legal professionals
Legal professionals are at the forefront of brand protection. It’s critical to understand the latest threats and map out an enforcement plan to protect your company’s intellectual property. Download this checklist of the key points to help guide you in 2015.
You’ll learn why you need to:
- Realign your online approach with the advent of new gTLDs
- Get the most from your anti-counterfeiting and enforcement investments
- Optimize the value of your domain portfolio
- Make domain security a priority
- Think globally, act locally
A checklist for marketing professionals
Marketing professionals need a strategy to safeguard brand health and marketing performance in digital channels.
This checklist explains why you need to:
- Keep brand impersonators and counterfeiters from intercepting your web traffic
- Make sure your partners are compliant with your brand guidelines
- Optimize your domain portfolio to maximize your web traffic
- Protect brand reputation across all digital channels – social and mobile
- Develop a product launch checklist that protects your brand
Make a start today on implementing a comprehensive brand protection strategy!